Friday, October 19, 2012

Apple Picking Playgroup, King Fall Festival and other randomness

Here is a hodgepog of some fun goings-on at the end of September before Jill and family arrived.
Roses from Cody for our 8 yr anniversary.
Our playgroup went apple picking at Bauman Orchards. We didn't do the wagon ride and factory tour but still had a fantastic time.
Some of the group getting serious about apples.

Isla and Pepper. Little blond buddies.


I just found Isla sitting like this far off by herself. Too cute!

Emily and Elsie looking radiant.


The hay bale maze.


Lafe finding the slide while Isla and Ava look on.

I love how intensely Hugo is pointing at the goat.



My attempt to document that I actually go to these events as well.

On Saturday the 22nd, Morgan's school King Elementary had a Fall Festival. I was not feeling that great and we had a really busy day but I knew it was important to go and support the school so we went. Pepper was very excited to get a rainbow on her cheek.

Then she accidentally bumped it and was so upset that she wouldn't let me get a proper picture. Pepper pretty much whined from start to finish while we were there. NOT my favorite!

I couldn't believe on this crisp fall day that they had a dunk tank. This poor man, who is the treasurer of the PTA kept getting dunked into this freezing cold water because they pretty much made it so every kid hit the bulls eye.

Morgan actually hit the target with no problem but it wasn't hard enough to dunk him so they had him go hit it with his hands. He was very proud of himself.

Give this girl a balloon and she is a happy camper. Feeding and changing her also helps.

Cody actually noticed that the bouncy house was rubbing against the corner of a bench and had made a hole. They had to shut it down for awhile...party killer. Luckily, they were able to patch it up and the fun continued.

On Sunday, we had some new friends over for dinner. Pepper was very happy to help me make a new apple dish with our freshly picked apples.

Such a helper.

On the morning of the 22nd before the fall festival Pepper started her first ballet class. We have been very, very excited about this momentous occasion. Pepper loves to dance and has been talking about going to dance class for a long time. She is taking ballet at the Northwest Akron Rec Center. It is very affordable and VERY hard to get in. I was obsessed with getting her in, just ask Cody...no really, ask him. On the day of open enrollment I was literally (and I mean that literally) camped out in front of the door so I would be the first one in the door to enroll. Luckily, I was not alone in my obsession and Isla's mom, Stephanie was also there to share in the neurotic mom award. All my craziness was totally worth it and I am more than happy to give up a half an hour EVERY Saturday morning for the rest of the school year.
I mean, seriously, this is perfection!
 This is girl is serious about her art!

Pepper insisted on this tutu. Maybe just a tad too much, just maybe.


Isla looking like perfection as well.

The amount of pinkness makes me endlessly happy.



Pepper has many friends from church in her class. So, I also get to enjoy time with friends while I wait for her to finish.

No idea why this pic is all by itself but here it is. Pepper did not have the best aim but was so darn cute that they kept moving her up and finally she made it. Can you find the ball in this pic?

No comments: