Monday, October 22, 2012

Random October

The kids and I try to go for a walk every evening weather permitting. We have had some really lovely evenings and the trees on our street our so beautiful. I tried to capture some of that beauty but the pictures just never seem to do it justice. Or at least my photographing skills!
I'm guessing they were picking leaves but I really have no idea what these two are doing.

Some genius long ago planted trees all along our street in the small space between the road and the sidewalk and just under the power/phone lines. The visual effect of a tree-lined street is quite nice but the physical effect of bumpy sidewalks and V shaped trees is not so nice.

Almost the entire street turns a pinkish red every fall and I cannot explain the joy it brings me every time I drive home.

I told Morgan and Pepper to pose for me. This is what I got. These two crack me up!




We have a number of neighbors with these bushes as well. I hope to one day plant some in our yard.

Oh, I cannot wait for this "smile" phase to pass...but it does make for some amusing pictures.

Morgan made this fireman's hat at school and wanted to make sure I got a picture of it.


Now that Hazel is bigger it is a little easier to try and dress the girls alike. Luckily, Pepper likes this idea. They also had matching jeggings on, which mainly amused me:)

Morgan also had a fun Halloween shirt on and wanted to get in the picture.

So helpful!

Someone is getting better at standing alone and cruising along things. And someone is very proud of themselves.
Once again, no idea what these two are up to but it is always entertaining.

The weather can't seem to make up its mind these days. Some days are really cold and then last week we had a couple days in the low 70s. I didn't really have a ton of energy, since Cody had been gone at a conference all week but I felt that I just had to take the kids to the park while we still can. They had a blast and I enjoyed the fresh air as well.





On Friday afternoon the 19th, this is how I found Pepper after I was in the other room doing something for awhile. I thought she was watching a show but I guess not. It took me a few minutes to wake her up but knowing I wanted her to go to bed on time I didn't want to risk it. She did look pretty sweet though all curled up in her Christmas outfit.

And this is Morgan's usual after school ritual.

Friday evening, Mindy was kind enough to invite the kids and I over to hang out and watch Harry Potter-Chamber of Secrets. We didn't watch a whole lot of the movie but it was so nice to get out and have some company.

Mindy trying to help get Hazel to look at the camera. It kind of worked but it made for a fun picture anyway.
Pepper entertained herself for quite awhile the other day with the camera. When I got it back some of them were quite interesting. I especially love the self portraits.







And finally, this is a great visual of how the girls and I spend 3 of our mornings each week. We drop off Morgan for school at 8:20 and then drive over to Pepper's school arriving about 8:35. Pepper's school doesn't open until 8:50 so we have some time to kill. I usually take the opportunity to feed Hazel her breakfast of yogurt and oatmeal and then we just hang out and listen to music.
It's pretty exciting as you can tell.
Well, this is a bit of our life this October. Stay tuned for more fall fun and Hazel's 1st birthday!

No comments: