Since my birthday fell on the Monday after conference weekend, it sort of became an all weekend event off and on. I am not complaining at all. It was fantastic and I felt very pampered. Friday night the 5th, Cody took me out to dinner and a movie. We went to a funky little movie theatre near our home that only plays 1 movie at a time for always $5. It was an old theatre and it has a bar/cafe at the back of it that is open to the movie. This was the first time I went and it was everything I hoped for. It really reminded us of going to movies in Harlem. We saw Taken 2 and whenever Liam Neeson did something awesome people would cheer or yell at the scream. At the end everyone clapped. So fun! After the movie, we went out for some homemade ice cream at a local place next to the theatre. Such a fun night!
 |
| This was our view while attempting to watch conference. We trapped them in the playroom with The Lorax and snacks. It worked for awhile...sort of. |
 |
| This was the other view. She was super helpful for concentration. |
 |
| This was another view. Mindy and the boys came over for brunch on Sunday in the morning. Cody of course was working his magic in the kitchen most of the day with brunch and later that night making my requested special birthday dinner. I am so grateful for his culinary skills. I also love seeing Morgan's new passion for drawing and writing. |
 |
| This is how Hazel helped with dinner. |
 |
| After dinner, the kids gave me their cards. They drew me pictures and signed their names. |
 |
| I loved it! |
 |
| Hazel even made me a card, with a little help from Daddy. She promised not to bite me for my birthday. Unfortunately, when it was time for bed she forgot her promise just a little. I forgave her. |
 |
| My girls and their crazy faces. |
 |
| Next up was Cody's present. |
 |
| As usual he managed to completely surprise me. |
 |
| With two Pandora bracelets and two new charms to go on them. |
 |
| This face is such a great birthday present all on its own. |
 |
| Trying to get a shot of my presents and Hazel's cute face. She didn't think it was such a great idea. |
 |
| On Monday morning, I headed to the mall play area with some friends to let the girls play. |
 |
| Since it was my birthday, Pepper decided we should celebrate by getting her a smoothie and letting her ride on the little merry-go-round. I agreed to both. |
 |
| Jenn Anderson and Mindy Stromberg watching Brigham and Delaney also help me celebrate my birthday. |
I spent the rest of the day relaxing and not doing chores. Then I ordered pizza for dinner because I could.
On Sunday, we went for a walk after dinner. It is always a treat to go for walks with Cody. The kids of course wanted to head out without coats, proper shoes and pants. They quickly decided that they were wrong and maybe it was actually getting a little cold now that it is Fall.
 |
| Our beautiful tree in the midst of transition. |
 |
| I love the tree across the street. And the excitement on the kids faces for popsicles on a really cool day. |
 |
| Hazel understood the need to bundle up. I think this picture shows just how perfect her wonderful little face is. I love it. |
 |
Showing off the colors of fall.
Notice they have their jackets zipped up and Morgan put on some pants. |
 |
| This watermelon fell off a bit early but it was so pretty. |
 |
On Friday afternoon, Pepper was helping me get ready for my dinner date.
She decided to help by putting makeup on herself. |
 |
| Yep, there's the look we know and love. |
 |
| I love some girlie time with Pepper! |
 |
| One day I was sitting in my chair doing whatever and I looked up and noticed this. So happy! |
 |
| One night I found all of this in the washer machine. 7 princess shoes and a pink plastic ring. Ummm...ok, why not! |
 |
| Next morning I found these two in the dryer. Guess they completed the set. |
These are some more random Instagram pics that I took over the weekend.
 |
| My dinner at a chinese place near our home. Love how beautiful the mango rose looks against my orange beef. |
 |
| I was AMAZED when I found this. Morgan has been able to write his own name for a long time and was never that into drawing. In only a few weeks of kindergarten he has really grown. He now LOVES to draw and write constantly. Then one day I found that he had written his sister's name all by himself. Now I find pictures with all sorts of words spelled out. Sometimes it is just a few letters that he could sound out but still so amazing. |
So this was my birthay fun. I don't really have any recognizable thoughts or feelings about turning 33. I loved turning 30 and am a little shocked sometimes that that was already 3 years ago. But I still feel pretty young at heart so I'm happy.
Now here are some fun videos of the kids dancing around:
1 comment:
My thoughts: Pepper is so pretty. Hazel just adorable. Morgan - handsome guy for one of my girls to marry :) Love you bracelets...Cody is a gem! Those itty bitty shoes under the drier must have been IG Joe's prison camp when he gets mad a Barbie..."shhh...no talkin...no talkin..."
Post a Comment