Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beginning of November

Now that Halloween is finally over and the holiday season is not yet begun, we are enjoying a nice little lull in craziness. To celebrate that lull we have been going on some fun little outings with friends and organizing the house a bit.
With no preschool on Fridays we headed over to the Akron Zoo with  Lesli and Lafe.

This little lady really enjoys the carousel. 

So does this one!

I love how she holds on like she's a big girl.

I am so happy that the coral reef exhibit is open so we can enjoy the  zoo all winter long.

Pepper's happy about it too.
 Election Day was a happy one for us, even if it didn't end the way we had hoped and prayed it would. Both kids were off of school. Morgan had a whole day play date with Sarah, and Emily and Elsie came over to hang out with the girls while I voted.
Morgan picked out a red shirt to wear so I thought, what the heck, let's all dress in theme!

Before bed when we were still hopeful.



It seems almost mandatory to take a pic of your "I voted" sticker and post it on the internet. So, I complied!
 Cody and I went to bed early before the election results were even close to final. We were both pretty sure things would not go our way, so I was not that surprised when I woke up early to check facebook to see what had happened. One of my friends put it the best, saying that she had not realized how much she wanted Romney to win until he lost. I am not a doom and gloom person and I truly hope Obama gets the help he needs to do a better job. I have to be hopeful but I am glad that after four years he cannot run again. Before election day we had talked to Morgan about what was going on and that we would be voting for Romney because we felt he would do the best job. We explained that Obama had been president for the past 4 yrs and we felt he had not done a very good job. Morgan got very into this competition and started talking about Romney and praying for him. I heard him say some comments about how Obama was bad, so I had to explain that he was not a bad person but just had not done as good as we would hope. After we told him the election results, Morgan starting praying that Obama would get good teachers to help him do a better job this time. And that Romney would win next time;) I just love how kids' minds work and Morgan's sincere desire to help others through prayer. Let's hope it works and Obama does get the help he needs to make better decisions!

On some random day, Elsie came to play for awhile. She is such a cutie that I couldn't resist taking some pictures of her. She has just started walking, and since Hazel doesn't seem interested yet, I also had to take a video of her pushing the stroller across the playroom. I just love Hazel's little twin/buddy.

Why have one sippy cup when two is so much better.

Hazel stole Elsie's sippy cup and then ran into the tent to hide out. Hazel has not yet really grasped the concept of sucking on anything (other than me) so we have had to give her cups and sports bottles that basically just drip into your mouth. She also prefers that you hold the cup/bottle and let it drip into her mouth. This little diva needs to get it together and start doing things for herself.

Wednesday afternoons tend to be library afternoons for us. The kids always get excited about going to the library. They love to get new books, dvds and cds for the car. They also love to play and get out of the house. We all enjoy these outings and I am so, so, so happy they love the library as much as I always have!


A couple Saturdays ago, I took Morgan and Pepper to a funky little movie theatre near us to see Hotel Transylvania. We were pretty much the only ones there, just a few other moms and dads with a couple kids. The kids had a fantastic time getting their treats and having a big kid outing together. The movie was pretty fun and kept their attention, which is pretty amazing for Pepper. They requested that I take some pictures to document their experience. I think I'm starting to rub off on them.


Morgan insisted I take a picture of the movie. I took these with my iPhone so that's why they are not the best. But I am impressed that my phone has a flash!
On another day, we picked up Emily, Elsie and Pepper from school and headed to the Nature Realm to meet up with some other friends. I love that we have these places so close to us that are free, educational and fun. We only stayed an hour or so, always have to be home in time for afternoon naps, but it was just enough to enjoy time with friends and get out of the house. This will be another frequent visiting spot over the winter.


These two just crack me up. I am so excited to see them grow up together!

Pepper, the butterfly, heading to her favorite items in the Nature Realm. The tiny pencils and small pieces of paper. Like most little girls she is obsessed with anything tiny.
So that was our last couple weeks. Nothing too exciting but good times had by all.

1 comment:

Wanderingfamilies said...

man oh man, I was devastated with the loss of Romney because it was the first time that half of our country-men decided to not vote to keep the Founding Principles. I pray daily that we will somehow recognize this, as a country, and get back on track. :) Kids are great the way their faith is so strong and simple...oh, if I could only be more like that! Anyway, I really think it's swell how you do so many play dates - what a great area you live in...miss and love you!