Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Post About Pies

 I love this time of year for many, many reasons but near the top of my list is PIE! I love making pies; I love eating pies. I love thinking about the pies I'm going to make. I love the process of making them. Each one a little creation of yummy goodness. So, of course, I offered to make some pies for Thanksgiving dinner at Cousin Robin's house.
The apple/dried cherry pie getting ready to be sealed.

On its way.

My triple cherry pie filling.
 I didn't have enough of one kind of cherry so I improvised and put in the three different kinds I had. Turned out great. Thank goodness!

The apple pie fresh out of the oven.
Man, oh man, do I love my Emile Henry pie plates! Thank you, Cody!

My first lattice top.
Surprisingly easy and very fun!

And here's a shot of my two helpers.
Yep, this is how these two spent most of the process.
Thank goodness Pepper was at school and Hazel was asleep for most of it!

I brushed both crusts with milk and sprinkled with sugar before going in the oven. Really helps give it that golden brown look and tastes great.

Now, onto cookie making!



Pepper keeping an eye on the goodies.

 
I waited to make the two cream pies until I got to Robin's house. Here is the chocolate-peanut butter pie. I have made this before with mini chocolate chips and an Oreo crust. It was not as good this time but still pretty darn tasty.
Here is my plate Thanksgiving night.
The last pie I made was a triple pumpkin spice pudding pie with candied pecans on top. This was the first time I made this one and I really enjoyed it.
The first pie here is not mine but a sugar cream from a local restaurant near Robin. Very yummy also.
I'm already planning my pies for Christmas. I really enjoy making pies and having other people eat them. It brings me joy. I should do it more...any requests:)

2 comments:

E.F.G. said...

lattice top?! i'm inspired by your beautiful pies--i may start making/eating more of them!

Jill and Kevin said...

I want a pie! I finally did find a really good roll recipe though and made it tonight!!!! Yay for good feel good food.