Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Sunday from Gramma Goodier

On Saturday night after we went to see the Christmas lights, we came home and opened up the kids new Sunday Christmas clothes from my mom.


The kids were all pretty excited to finally open a present.

The girls dresses are absolutely beautiful! I don't know if we got any pictures that truly do them justice but I would love an adult size version of them. Morgan looks mighty handsome too.
Sunday morning was a bit hectic because I had to go in early to rehearse with the ward choir. Not only was I singing with them but I also had a solo at the very beginning. I was very excited and nervous. I have always loved to sing but never felt like I was good enough or had enough confidence in myself. In the past few years I have decided that my love for singing should outweigh my doubts and fears. I may not be the best singer in the world but I do have enough talent that I feel ok about sharing my love of music with others. Anywhoo, I had to go in early and Cody was in charge of getting the kids all dolled up in their new special outfits. I did Pepper's hair before I left and Cody took care of the rest. He did a great job and I really appreciate how supportive he always is when I want to do these kinds of things.
Cody even took pictures like I asked him too.
Look how pretty my kids are!

Cody snuck a picture of his ladies before sacrament meeting started.
Even with crazy hair Hazel is one cute baby!
During my solo I looked over at Morgan and he was smiling and gave me a big thumbs up. I choked up a bit by how proud he was of me and the love I felt for my family and the birth of our Saviour. Besides that moment of emotion the rest of my solo seemed to go really well and the choir did a great job with our program. It was a lot of fun.
Here's a little photo shoot of our festive family.







Everyone fights over playing with Hazel on Sunday because she is such a cuddly smiley baby.
I would be happier about this if it wasn't a nasty flu season.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home together. I had to go back to church that night to help with the food for the ward Christmas devotional. I was going to be gone from 6 till about 10 so Cody was going to put all the kids to bed. Up till now Hazel was still nursing before bed at night and in the morning when she wakes up. We decided this might be a good time to try out weaning her. Cody was more confident in this than me so it was good that he started it. Hazel went to bed just fine and slept through the night as usual. I did nurse her in the morning, and have continued to do so, but we have cut out the night feeding and just read her books now. I have never had to wean a child before so this is new territory for me. I do think it is the right time but it is hard to let go of that special time between Hazel and me.

My mom also sent a recordable book about Charlie Brown's Christmas. In the past she has done 2 other books for Christmas that the kids just LOVE! I think it is such a great tradition and was excited to add another book to the holiday library.
The kids are enjoying the new book despite Pepper's awesome expression.

Hazel does this all the time to everyone and I must admit I greatly enjoy it every time.

Hazel is also starting to exert her will a bit more around here. Morgan usually giggles so much when she tries to tackle him that she wins the battle.

Thanks, Gramma Goodier for all of the great Christmas memories and presents. If we can't have you here with us, your voice helps bridge the space between us. Now, we are ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas to finally arrive!

2 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

Love the dresses! I love how evenly Hazel's hair is growing in: my girls do the mullet pretty well. Adorable children, but man oh man, Morgan is growing up!!! Merry Christmas!

Jill and Kevin said...

I didn't realize I had so much catching up to do. Cute pictures. It's always fun when the little one starts to force her opinion. Congrats on the solo! Good job. You have a beautiful voice and I miss our show tune singing moments. We will have to break out the karaoke this summer. I've got some good ones.