Sunday, October 6, 2013

Morgan Begins Soccer

I asked Morgan what he wanted to do this year besides piano and he repeatedly stated he wanted to play soccer again. There was a brief mention of basketball but it was completely replaced by soccer. I was happy to oblige so once again we are spending our Saturday mornings at Croghan Park watching Morgan play with the Hummingbirds. 
Pepper is not playing because she chose ballet instead. But she is great at cheering her brother on.
I'm pretty sure Morgan is just about the biggest kid out there.
And looks like he has to pee a lot, heehee.


Definitely his favorite place to be!


We love to watch Morgan play, especially Cody! The other week one of the other little boys on his team missed a shot and was very sad. The little guy, Conner, sat down next to Morgan and was still crying a bit. I watched them sit on the side of the field and then noticed something that made me tear up. Morgan started patting Conner on the back and telling him that it didn't matter and he was doing a great job. I was so proud of my little man and my heart was very full. Later, Morgan was accidentally kicked in the chest with a ball from the coach. I'm sure it hurt and it looked like he wanted to cry. But Morgan just kept taking deep breaths and kept playing. The coach let him have a free kick and life moved on. Another proud moment. Then this last week, Hazel and I were watching Morgan while Cody and Pepper cleaned the chapel. Conner tripped while running and Morgan immediately helped him up and patted his back. Despite my constant worries that I am doing a horrible job as a mother, moments like these give me hope for the future!!! I will never care if Morgan is the best athlete on the field just as long as he is a great sportsman and person!

No comments: