Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First Snow of Winter

Pepper has preschool every morning from 9 to 11:30. So for a couple hours every school day Hazel and I get to hang out or run errands together. Then Pepper gets home and it's lunch for the girls, bit of play time and then nap time for Hazel. Then for a couple hours Pepper and I get to have some one on one "quiet" time before Morgan gets home. Usually, this means finishing lunch and watching something and me trying to take a nap while Pepper plays (which really means plays for 5 minutes then bugs me about something, then plays for 5 minutes...) Despite my sometimes grumpy demeanor I really do enjoy having this alone time with my girls. I miss hanging out with Morgan more but we make up for it with piano time, homework time and snuggles/reading/chatting time before bed. Being a mom is exhausting but so rewarding, too.

On this particular day, we got our first snow of the season. School was of course not cancelled because it is Northeast Ohio and we can handle these things, and luckily we are just below the lake effect so we were spared the really crazy storm. Once quiet time hit Pepper was itching to go outside and play in it. I spent the 20 minutes getting her suited up in all of Morgan's hand-me-downs. She was not impressed with the distinct lack of pink in her outfit but she soldiered on for the sake of the snow.
Pepper dressing up my look with a headband.
At first glance I was sure this was Morgan. Spooky.
Not really enough to do much with but she was happy.

And there we are, the first snow documented for posterity.

No comments: