On Thursday Morgan, Pepper and I joined some friends at Loyal Oak Lake again for an afternoon swim and BBQ. We all had a great time swimming and playing on the playground.





I'm looking forward to buying a lake pass for next summer!
On Saturday morning we got up not so bright but very early and headed to Cincinnati for the weekend. We stayed with Cody's brother Khan and his family. 
On Saturday morning we got up not so bright but very early and headed to Cincinnati for the weekend. We stayed with Cody's brother Khan and his family. Morgan has been talking non-stop about "William's house" since we were there over the 4th of July weekend. Luckily William seemed just as excited to see Morgan.
Saturday afternoon we went to their local swim club for some water fun.

(And a brother who is one of the life guards, who is in the water with the yellow floaty)

Best buddies.


Everyone always gets a kick out of the fact that Cody and his brother do not have a very strong family resemblance. They may not look exactly alike but the personality similarities are quite obvious to anyone who knows them.

Sunday night Cody, Khan and I took all the kids, minus Pepper, downtown to watch a great fireworks display.
We didn't have the best viewing area but we had a great time and the kids loved it. We also missed all the traffic and had a quick getaway, which always helps the enjoyment level.
Such a great smile on this kid!
She was a chili Pepper...haha
(Cody has come up with a lot of great jokes for Pepper's name. Hopefully she appreciates the comic value of her name when she gets older!)

Best buddies.

Everyone always gets a kick out of the fact that Cody and his brother do not have a very strong family resemblance. They may not look exactly alike but the personality similarities are quite obvious to anyone who knows them.
Sunday night Cody, Khan and I took all the kids, minus Pepper, downtown to watch a great fireworks display.
We didn't have the best viewing area but we had a great time and the kids loved it. We also missed all the traffic and had a quick getaway, which always helps the enjoyment level.It was a beautiful day and a fantastic zoo.
Here's a baby cheetah with a nice mohawk.
Such a great smile on this kid!It was Karissa's 14th b-day so she and Khan were running a bit later than us.
Gotta love his face. I'm sure she appreciates the help Daddy!
Someone passing said "Look, children in their natural habitat!"
Someone passing said "Look, children in their natural habitat!"He always asks to go the "animals house" and can watch the animals forever.
He really loved the insect house at the zoo, yuck!
This kid just makes my heart melt!
Once again, we had a fabulous weekend with Khan and his family. We are so very grateful to live so close now and have the opportunity to spend holidays with family...and such a wonderful family at that!
Thanks again guys for everything!








2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that picture of your nephew jumping off the high dive made my stomach flip! I don't even like doing that as an adult! Props to the brave!
Sorry I haven't commented much lately- the downside of reading blogs via Google Reader, I guess. But I wanted to tell you that I love reading about your adventures and seeing the photos of your adorable children.
Hey Beth, glad you guys had fun, it sure looks like it. And that one picture that says best buddies with Morgan sitting on a beach chair and then his cousin above him, I think they look like they could be brothers..... that one picture of you going down the water slide was funny and would have been great if it was taken with you in mid-air coming off of the slide :) It's amazing how much your family loves the water, I can't say that for mine...oh well....:) lets get together sooon...
Post a Comment