The week after spring break was a tough one. Pepper recovered fairly quickly but it turned out Hazel had a double ear infection, which we only discovered because Dr. Fall looked in her ears at her 18mos checkup. Good one, mom! I was also doing horribly, so after I put Hazel down for her afternoon nap, Mom stayed with the kids while I went to the doctor. Turns out I had bronchitis. Ugh! But once we were all on medicine and Gramma nursed us all back to health we were ready to celebrate another year of our wonderful, wonderful, Pepper!!!
On Thursday, we brought in to school Pink Lemonade cupcakes with purple frosting and sprinkles, per her request.
Singing to the birthday girl:
 |
| The girls table. |
 |
| The boys table and Miss Stacy. |
 |
| Very happy girl. |
 |
| This one was in heaven also. |
 |
We love Mrs. Yonders.
Mason and Natalie insisted on being in the picture as well. Too cute. |
 |
| Grace and Brianna |
On Friday, Papa G flew in to join us for the weekend. On Saturday, Pepper joined her friends in ballet class. Gramma joined me while the men stayed home. Luckily, they let us come in to watch the kids practice their recital dance. Here is a videos of their practice:
After dance, we all headed up to Medina and Romp n Stomp for Pepper's birthday party. I am so glad that I have decided to take the year off from party planning because it turns out the weeks before Morgan and Pepper's birthdays were both stressful and crazy. It was so nice to just show up, enjoy ourselves and leave with lots of happy kids while the party people clean up the mess. Perfect party!
 |
| Pepper and friends signing the birthday girl's bag. |
 |
| Testing out our sad hoola hoop skills. I swear I could do it as a child but no luck now. |
 |
| Hannah Tefteller, Sophia Blanchard and Pepper |
 |
| Present time. They gave each kid a number and then had them draw names out of a bag to see whose present Pepper opened next. Worked like a charm. |
 |
| Lafe Smith was the only boy invited but he didn't seem to mind at all. |
 |
| Avi Macey gave Pepper this awesome Wonder Woman tshirt. Perfect. |
 |
| We were so happy to see Ava and her parents. |
 |
| Grace Paulus was Pepper's only school friend, besides Lafe, who is also a church friend, that came. |
 |
| Classic faces. |
 |
| Ceecee was our "Ambassador of Fun." The kids just loved her and she kept saying how cute Pepper was. Pepper can win over anyone in about two seconds! |
 |
| The party crew. |
 |
| Silly faces! |
 |
| Playing duck, duck, goose. |
 |
| Taking the train to the next stop of fun. |
 |
| Setting up some ground rules before they are unleashed on the fun. |
 |
| And their off. |
 |
| Lafe got some serious air. I thought he was going to fly off. |
 |
| On this one, I thought Pepper was going to flip over. These kids were having the time of their life. |
 |
| This is the area for little ones. One by one the kids started to wear down after about 45 minutes of non stop running, climbing and sliding and they kept wandering in here. |
 |
| Yeah, I'm pretty sure Morgan is terrifying all the little girls and Lafe. |
 |
| Gramma was disappointed that the adults couldn't play as well. |
 |
| Pepper loved having Papa and Gramma there for her big day. |
The adults taking it easy.
 |
| Getting ready to eat. For the last 15 min of play time I think each kid came up to me and whined about being hungry. Kids have no stamina these days. |
 |
| The kids enjoyed pizza... |
 |
while the grownups had some munchies.
Don't worry, we gladly shared with the kids as well. |
Singing to our guest of honor:
 |
| My pink-cheeked princess! |
 |
| Cupcakes and candy toppings. |
 |
| Pepper got to spin a prize wheel and won a free pass to come play again. |
 |
| Goodie bag time. |
 |
| My tired birthday girl. |
 |
| Someone wants the camera. |
 |
| Having quiet time after the party and playing with her new toys. |
Pepper's actual birthday was on Sunday the 14th. She requested that we have a balloon and her presents set out for her just like we did on Morgan's birthday. We were happy to comply.
 |
Beautiful lady with the most beautiful personality to match.
If you are ever feeling down, just hang out with Pepper for awhile and her positivity will rub off on you.
She also has an amazing talent for complimenting people. Without any encouragement from me, Pepper will tell total strangers how pretty their house is, or their dress or she likes their hair. She is the same way with manners. I try my best to always insist on good manners but I find, I never have to remind her to say "yes, please," "no, thank you," "your welcome." I just love spending time with this little person who tells me about 50 times a day that she loves me! |
Singing one more time for Pepper:
 |
| After church quiet time. |
 |
| Trying out her new paint set from Lafe. |
 |
| Poor cold Gramma obliging Hazel who insisted on going outside. |
 |
| This girl knows how to strike a pose. |
 |
| We didn't have anymore cake but Pepper was very happy about her birthday dinner of chicken, rice and green beans per her request. |
 |
She asked me months ago to get her a nightgown for her birthday.
She is so proud of herself. |
Happy Birthday, my little angel. I am so glad to be your mother and bask in your happy glow everyday. We love you, Pepperoni (her preferred nickname these days,) and hope you have another wonderful year!
No comments:
Post a Comment