On Saturday morning, August 31st, we slept in, had a yummy breakfast in the Natural Bridge Hotel, visited Foamhenge and then headed to the University of Virginia for the UVA/BYU game. Cody was very, very excited. I was excited for him, teehee.
 |
| Waking up on your own and not because little people woke you up, my favorite! |
We got to campus a few hours before the game so that we could wander around and see the sights. It was a beautiful and large campus. It was also a very hot and humid day. I tried my best to be a trooper.
 |
| Loved this. |
 |
Thomas Jefferson designed and planned this university. This is Jefferson's Rotunda. |
 |
Taking a break on the lawn of the Rotunda and seeing the historical part of campus. These buildings were the original student and teacher housing. It is still used as housing for a select few although the because it is a historical site they could only do certain renovations. The dorms have no a/c or heat, and no indoor plumbing. They set up communal kitchens and bathrooms a few yards behind the dorms and give them embroidered bathrobes to walk to the showers. It is considered a great honor to be able to live there...I think I have my doubts...although it would make for some great stories! |
 |
| Inside the Rotunda with the man himself. |
 |
We ran into our old friend, Jason Gardiner and his son at the stadium. We were in the Harlem Ward together years ago. Gotta love any situation where large groups of Mormons gather, you will always run into someone you know! And I love it! |
 |
| The beginning of the game. |
 |
| You can see the storm coming in during the first quarter. |
 |
| Student section on a big grassy hill. |
 |
Mike, Evelyn and Cody enthralled by a brief winning moment for BYU. The rain did not dampen the cougar enthusiasm. |
 |
| My enthusiasm for this never ending game was a bit damp...teehee. |
 |
| During the 2 HOUR rain, lightening delay, we got to hang out in the hallway area of the stadium. They turned off the tvs and shut down concessions. I was SO grateful we did not have our kids with us because it was pretty miserable with just us. There were so many BYU families there with small children and my heart went out to them. I found a way to entertain myself by making new friends with all the fellow cougar fans. It was driving Mike crazy. I was at this all day sporting event, I had to find someone way to keep myself sane!!! |
 |
I love this man! And I love how much HE loves to cheer on BYU. I may love it more when I don't have to participate.
We finally made it back to our hotel and got dinner about 10 o'clock that night. It was a long and slightly frustrating day but I was glad to spend it with Cody and support him. Yep, that's right. I'm the best wife ever!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment