Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New York Goodier Reunion Part 4

On Thursday the 17th, after hanging around the house and playing in the swimming pond, we headed back up to Palmyra to watch the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I was excited to see it again since working on my thesis paper about the pageant. The last time Cody and I saw the pageant Morgan was about 6 mos old. Seems crazy that now we had a 2 mos old and a total of 4 children! How time flies. 
Settling in for the evening. It was a pretty chilly summer evening.
The kids ran around and burned off energy while we waited for the sun to go down.

Once again the fates smiled down on us and we ran into more friends from the Eatontown Ward. The Richardsons were in town from Maryland (I think) and my parents had fun catching up with them. 

Random shot of Truly and the house. Vaulted ceilings may look cool but are not fun with a screaming baby!

Back to the pageant, Ben looking very cute.
Morgan took all of these photos. Glad I made it into a picture.









It was fun to share this event with my sisters and their families. I feel very blessed that we can all get together like this.
Side note: Truly was a champ and slept through the whole thing, the ride home and kept sleeping in her carseat till about 4 that morning! 
On Friday morning, we headed to another state park to go swimming and hiking. Unfortunately, it was still on the cooler side and the water was about 54 degrees!

That was as far as I could go.



Not cool, Cody!

Robert didn't seem to mind at all and screamed when Jill took him out!

A picnic lunch helped warm us up. Aaron and Jacob were the only ones that really swam around in the freezing water and actually seemed to enjoy it.
Ashley's daughter, Bristol, fit right in with all our little ladies.
Very fun playground near the swimming hole.



Another hike to see some little waterfalls.






The first day we were there Hazel found this bunny statue outside the front door. She started carrying it around and playing with it. Every time I sat down to nurse Truly I would find this bunny staring at me. It seemed to be following me around the house and I started joking that it was haunted. Aaron started moving it around on purpose but by then it was the running joke of the week so I had to take a picture of it.
Demon bunny!
Katie watching over baby Truly and having a hard time saying good-bye.
Crossed baby toes!
Another long ride home. Thank goodness for Aaron and thank goodness it was only about 5 hours!
Such a wonderful week with my family! Thank you, Mom and Dad, for giving us these memories and the chance to be together!

No comments: