I finally received my Uppercase Living order and couldn't wait to get started. Cody and I grabbed our tape, level, made sure Morgan was asleep and got started. We decided to give our apartment door a little festive boost. A boost that couldn't walk off with a stranger (actually our building is really safe and I wouldn't worry about a door hanger. I just don't have one).


Next up was our living room. We've had one wall in our living room that we could never figure out what to do with it. When I first saw the UL catalog I finally had an idea of how I could fix the big white space problem. With the help of some lovely picture taking skills by Ashley, her nifty camera and a lovely fall day in Central Park, we finally filled in the blank space.

Here are some lovely pictures of the "making of" the beautiful family wall.

We'll all just ignore my double chin, back fat and red eyes!
Please note our crazy plant that seems to grow a foot everyday and Cody's festive Christmas lights glowing behind the blinds. We're the only people in our building with lights...bah humbug to everyone else!
Since we have a little boy who loves to take baths and is sometimes joined by other little friends who also love to splash around, we thought this sign would be appropriate!
Great color coordinating don't you think?!
Well, that was a look at our first attempt at decorating Uppercase Living style. Hope you all enjoyed and let me know if you felt inspired and want to know how you to can fulfill your decorating needs.

7 comments:
Looks relly good Beth. Here's my question: how do landlord's feel about it?
They actually work great for apts because they just peel right off whatever surface and don't leave a mark. If you have a good paint job, like a couple coats and not just primer paint it won't peel anything off. If you don't want to put it right on the wall, another way to go, which I'm going to do in Morgan's room, is mount the design on paper first them frame it. Also, i've seen them mounted one on a piece of wood and/or tiles. That way you can take it with you when you move.
Beth! It looks GREAT! I cannot wait to put mine on the walls...hopefully, this afternoon or for sure, by tomorrow night...
Beth, This looks fantastic. I had a friend who had something similar at her house. She had Pres. Hinckley's 6 B's above a mirror in their dining room. I thought it was so clever. I love it..
I like what you've done here. You should be in commercials.
To my favorite, most loved Pot-Calling-The-Kettle-Black, I'm so sad we missed you on the trip. It was way to short a visit and I promise next time I come out I'll be sure to cut some time out to see you. Oh, and by the way, I love your new decor, especially the "swimming allowed" sign. It's adorable.
Beth, you've been tagged. Go to my blog for instructions.
Post a Comment