Monday, March 31, 2008

Date Night with Big Daddy

While we were baby-free for 10 days, Cody and I decided to take advantage of the situation and go on a few date nights. We did as many free or low-cost things as we could. We went to a matinee (which here means only the before 11am movies on a Saturday if you're lucky), the temple, Nikki's b-day party and long walks in the park. When our bishop and his wife were kind enough to give us free movie passes and Cody's work gave him a gift card to Big Daddy's restaurant we had a perfect date night creation!
Here's Cody after he enjoyed a nice big messy burger. After dinner we walked up second avenue to the movies and saw Juno (there are not a lot of movie options right now so we thought this was the best compromise. However, I do not recommend that people who are desperately missing there young son go see a movie about someone giving away their baby. Cody and I were both crying by the end. Good movie though.)

2 comments:

Jones said...

speaking of being kid free for 10 days, did you happen to get that thesis done???? lol

I LOVE when we get free tickets or gift cards for a date night! they're the best!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I have the rought draft done and am waiting for my professor to get back to me with revisions. Just a few more weeks to finalize it and I'm done hopefully! I just needed some baby free days to focus. Such a blessing but man we missed that little guy!