Last Friday Cody, Morgan, my Mom and I drove to Portland, Maine to meet my Father who had flown up from Florida. Both of my parents grew up in a small area of Maine outside Portland and I spent a lot of my childhood summers and Christmases enjoying Vacationland and all its glory. On of its greatest glories according to my family is L.L. Bean! So every time we come to Maine a stop in Freeport is a necessity, along with a trip to Amatos for Italians and Shaw's for cookies and fig bars. Yep, my family basis their trips on food and clothing... oh and we saw a few family members, old friends and landmarks just to seem a little less crazy for driving 6 hours just for cookies!
The Royal Adams enjoying the Maine snow from the porch of LL Bean.
I love this store!
Morgan's new favorite...stairs!
Morgan meets the Moose.
After a long day of shopping, we lounged by the pool; Morgan enjoying his snazzy new baggies.
My boys by the pool with a wall of snow behind them.







8 comments:
Holy cow! Maine looks even worse than Utah snow this winter! I h-e-a-r-t the juxtaposition of swimming with a wall of snow surrounding you! Awesome! One day, teamkc wants to go to Maine with you (w/ Sister Goodier and the Bishop) - that would be fun time had by all...we miss you!
WOW!!! that's some serious snow!
I wish you safe driving!!!!
Hey,
I wish I could have the snow! Although it has been very nice here in Florida lately. Not too hot not too cold!I thought I would let you know that I think Morgan is adorable and Iam so glad I have a way to keep up with you and what's going on even though we are so far away. I have missed being a part of the friends I grew up with and their lives. Anyway I also wanted you to know I updated my blog and told the story of Sabrina the Guide dog puppy. Enjoy the pictures she is adorable. Be careful though she may make you want to run out and get a puppy=)
Missy
It's so beautiful! I've never been to Maine - never really had a desire. But LL Bean, cookies, snow, and a nice swimming pool sound divine right about now...
The video of Morgan sledding was too cute. Jane wanted nothing to do with it. Maybe next year and with a pair of boots that fit! Love ya,
Jill
That sledding picture cracked Mark and I up! Who needs a sled when you're wearing that much padding!
I like how he claps at the end but can't really move or do anything other than that until you pick him up!
How fun...I LOVE the picture of Morgan sliding down the snow, he looks SOOO happy!
OH this looks like such a fun trip. I've never been to Maine but we've long wanted to go. Glad to know I can hit you up for suggestions once we get around to it!
Post a Comment