Ok, so I know I have been gone for awhile now and have had a serious lack of blogging happening on our little site, but no worries, we are back in NYC and Morgan in napping so I am back to blogging! Since I have a little back tracking to do I thought I get that over with first...
Here I am in Times Square right after we missed getting a picture of Morgan Freeman coming out of The Country Girl. My smile is masking my pain at not getting to actually meet him. It was a lovely night but Cody and I remembered why we never go to Times Square....too crazy!
This is the lovely surprise that awaited me on Mother's Day morning. The scribble marks are from Morgan (with Daddy's help, although he did manage to get a bit of orange marker on his pajamas...good one dad!).
Morgan was very excited it was Mother's Day as well.
Cody got me the first 3 Harry Potter books (which he helped me out by reading while I was away and is now having a hard time not telling me all about...thanks dear!) and a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks (if you're a die-hard fan of 30 Rock you may remember that joke).
Here is a great picture from Chamaine's Baby Shower on May 17th. I loved Morgan's new outfit that I bought especially for this occasion, since Chamaine loves pink and brown. Everyone kept thinking Morgan was a girl when he wore this outfit because it was pink and his hair is curly...hello the shirt has skulls and crossbones on it and he is clearly all boy! Some people have no fashion sense! Why have a kid if you can't dress them exactly how you want them and have fun with it, is my motto! Check out his new flip-flop sandals...too cute. Oh and he's crying because I won't give him the camera.
Chamaine with her nephew Peyton. It was a lovely shower and we're so glad we got to go and see everyone and celebrate the upcoming arrival of Ansley...Morgan's future bride!
Since I was in Utah I decided to take advantage and see some of my favorite people whom I never get to see. Here is my great friend Justin and his lovely wife, Lara and cute little baby girl, Ella. Ella got a kick out of Morgan and he enjoyed helping them learn how to baby-proof their home. Morgan was a little overly tired and not cooperating but we had a great time visiting with them and can't wait for them to come visit us in NYC!
So now we're down in Virgin, Utah at Cody's parent's home near St. George. I will post more of those pictures later since there are way too many to post all together. I never really see Morgan sleeping since his door is shut and I have too much to do to risk waking him up...but here we had to wake him on Memorial Day so I thought I'd take the opportunity to document how funny he looks waking up... life is rough for this little guy!
My bestest-good friend Mesha drove me down to Virgin and hung out for a few days. I stupidly did not get any pictures of us together but I did manage to capture her car rolling over to 200,000 miles when we drove to Vegas to pick up Cody from the airport. I was having a hard time driving and taking a picture at the same time so it is blurry and at 200,001 but it's still cool nonetheless! Honda Civics are pretty durable little cars!
While Mesha and I waited for Cody's midnight plane to arrive, we took the opportunity to hang out with some more of my favorite people, Mark, Cathy and their little boy Taj. They were gracious enough to stay up with us and keep us entertained until the wee hours. Mark is the coolest and Cathy and I are kindred spirits, so it worked out great for me that they got married. And now their little man Taj Mahal is a great friend for Captain Morgan, so life keeps getting better!
Oh and yes I have a sunburn since I stupidly did not think the elevation and brightness of the desert sun would effect me that quickly. Oops.
This is the lovely surprise that awaited me on Mother's Day morning. The scribble marks are from Morgan (with Daddy's help, although he did manage to get a bit of orange marker on his pajamas...good one dad!).
Morgan was very excited it was Mother's Day as well.
Cody got me the first 3 Harry Potter books (which he helped me out by reading while I was away and is now having a hard time not telling me all about...thanks dear!) and a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks (if you're a die-hard fan of 30 Rock you may remember that joke).
Here is a great picture from Chamaine's Baby Shower on May 17th. I loved Morgan's new outfit that I bought especially for this occasion, since Chamaine loves pink and brown. Everyone kept thinking Morgan was a girl when he wore this outfit because it was pink and his hair is curly...hello the shirt has skulls and crossbones on it and he is clearly all boy! Some people have no fashion sense! Why have a kid if you can't dress them exactly how you want them and have fun with it, is my motto! Check out his new flip-flop sandals...too cute. Oh and he's crying because I won't give him the camera.
Chamaine with her nephew Peyton. It was a lovely shower and we're so glad we got to go and see everyone and celebrate the upcoming arrival of Ansley...Morgan's future bride!
Since I was in Utah I decided to take advantage and see some of my favorite people whom I never get to see. Here is my great friend Justin and his lovely wife, Lara and cute little baby girl, Ella. Ella got a kick out of Morgan and he enjoyed helping them learn how to baby-proof their home. Morgan was a little overly tired and not cooperating but we had a great time visiting with them and can't wait for them to come visit us in NYC!
So now we're down in Virgin, Utah at Cody's parent's home near St. George. I will post more of those pictures later since there are way too many to post all together. I never really see Morgan sleeping since his door is shut and I have too much to do to risk waking him up...but here we had to wake him on Memorial Day so I thought I'd take the opportunity to document how funny he looks waking up... life is rough for this little guy!
My bestest-good friend Mesha drove me down to Virgin and hung out for a few days. I stupidly did not get any pictures of us together but I did manage to capture her car rolling over to 200,000 miles when we drove to Vegas to pick up Cody from the airport. I was having a hard time driving and taking a picture at the same time so it is blurry and at 200,001 but it's still cool nonetheless! Honda Civics are pretty durable little cars!
While Mesha and I waited for Cody's midnight plane to arrive, we took the opportunity to hang out with some more of my favorite people, Mark, Cathy and their little boy Taj. They were gracious enough to stay up with us and keep us entertained until the wee hours. Mark is the coolest and Cathy and I are kindred spirits, so it worked out great for me that they got married. And now their little man Taj Mahal is a great friend for Captain Morgan, so life keeps getting better!
Oh and yes I have a sunburn since I stupidly did not think the elevation and brightness of the desert sun would effect me that quickly. Oops.Well, that is a random sampling of what we did on our Utah trip. More of the Virgin trip coming soon...

3 comments:
Fun, fun. I've been waiting to see your pictures. I'm so excited for you guys to come in July. Oh, I thought Morgan looked great in his pink shirt and new sandals. Boy, all the way!
It was really great having you visit us. Morgan is such a cute kid. I love his "lean-in" hug he can give from several feet away from the person he is hugging! The visit was nice. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope we can make the trip out to NYC soon!
-Justin
Did I catch that right? Mark in Vegas? Is that really the Mark I'm thinking of? It looks like him, but boy has it been a long time. What a small world when you could be living next door to someone you knew way back when and not even know it. (What a long twisty sentence.) And we just said goodbye to that place.
=( Crazy.
Looks like you guys had lots of fun.=)
Post a Comment