Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bronx Zoo

Morgan and I just got back from a trip to the Bronx Zoo with our great friends Ashley & Eliot, Kiasa & Bella and Minde & Chase. We were only there for a couple hours because that's about all the kids could handle with nap time coming up and all the mom's could handle of the heat. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as it has been for the past few days and there was a lot of shade.
Here we are taking the 2 train to the zoo. This is Ashley, Kiasa, Bella and Eliot.
Hanging out in the stroller on the subway, eating a book, playing footsie...a great day.
We miraculously showed up 15 min. early so we hung out with all the school groups waiting to get in at 10 am.
The first and main place we went was the Congo exhibit to see the gorillas. Here we are with another monkey. This is a great example of how hot and red we were and how Morgan was much more interested in the water bottle than the animals. He actually enjoyed watching them but got a little upset he couldn't touch them.
Sweet Bella watching the gorillas.
Here's what Bella was looking at. We got there really early and hardly anyone else was there so we got great long, close view of them.Once again, very hot and sweaty but excited to see the animals. Sorry it's a bit blurry, should have turned off the flash.We let the kids run about the zoo until it got a little too crazy. After another monkey house we decided to take a snack break and capture all the little friends sitting on a bench. Poor Bella always the odd girl out. Eliot's shirt says "Miso Cute"...so true.We had a great time and really enjoyed spending our Wednesday morning at the zoo with friends. I'm very grateful for this wonderful city and for adventurous friends who help me take advantage of it. Thanks guys.


5 comments:

Ashley said...

awesome pics, I'll have to get some from you. Tons of fun, and a great nap to follow, what could be better?

Jill and Kevin said...

Fun. That brings back a lot of memories.

familia Bybaran said...

Sad we missed you guys at the zoo. We were there much later than you guys (since my kids wake up super late). It was fun though. Also, cool that you went to the garden last night. I have to admit, it was a little more hard core than I envisioned, but it was fun nonetheless.

Unknown said...

I feel like I'm a year behind. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

So much fun - keep on with the great pictures. Morgan is getting so big and I love looking at these pix's. Aunti