Cody's parents drove in on Thursday afternoon. They had been making their way across the country visiting Cody's sister, who just had her sixth child. and then Cody's brother. We were beyond excited to have them all to ourselves for a few days, especially since Cody had Friday off so we had two full days of family fun. So Friday morning we decided to go to the Akron Zoo for some outside fun. The weather was around 80 degrees and super sunny. Apparently the fact that it was beautiful outside and a holiday gave every other person in Akron the idea to go to the zoo. It was a bit crazy but we had lots of fun!

Our little jungle baby!
A lot of the animals were very active, including the Snow Leopard. It was fun to see them so close and moving around.
Soaking up the rays.
Morgan, Papa and Grandma after a nice picnic lunch in the shade.
Morgan was obsessed with Grandma and Papa and was constantly trying to talk to them and show off for them. He was a little crazy the whole weekend but luckily they still love him!

With her scowl and leopard pants, Pepper looks like a little old lady from Boca!
I guess the bears knew it was naptime also.

Our little jungle baby!
A lot of the animals were very active, including the Snow Leopard. It was fun to see them so close and moving around.
Soaking up the rays.
Morgan, Papa and Grandma after a nice picnic lunch in the shade.
Morgan was obsessed with Grandma and Papa and was constantly trying to talk to them and show off for them. He was a little crazy the whole weekend but luckily they still love him!
With her scowl and leopard pants, Pepper looks like a little old lady from Boca!
I guess the bears knew it was naptime also.Yay for Grandmas!
Every day Morgan enjoyed taking a nap or having "quiet time" on Grandma and Papa's big bed. He just looked so sweet and little that I couldn't help but take a picture.
We dug through our baby boy clothes so that we could send some outfits back to Cody's sister and found some treasures we had forgotten about. Now Pepper can be a New Yorker as well.
I also found some sandals that Auntie Chamaine had sent for Pepper last summer to match her bathing suit. They were too big last summer but fit just great this time.
Pepper looked like a cat trying to get tape off her paws but hopefully she'll get used to them because they are darling!
Sadly, Cody's parents left Sunday morning but we enjoyed every minute we had together and can't wait to see them again. Hopefully, we'll be making a road trip out west at the end of the summer ourselves.
Every day Morgan enjoyed taking a nap or having "quiet time" on Grandma and Papa's big bed. He just looked so sweet and little that I couldn't help but take a picture.
We dug through our baby boy clothes so that we could send some outfits back to Cody's sister and found some treasures we had forgotten about. Now Pepper can be a New Yorker as well.
I also found some sandals that Auntie Chamaine had sent for Pepper last summer to match her bathing suit. They were too big last summer but fit just great this time.
Pepper looked like a cat trying to get tape off her paws but hopefully she'll get used to them because they are darling!
Sadly, Cody's parents left Sunday morning but we enjoyed every minute we had together and can't wait to see them again. Hopefully, we'll be making a road trip out west at the end of the summer ourselves. Since Sunday was both Easter and General Conference, we decided to get the kids all dolled up and go to the morning session at church. We made it through one hour in the pew but ended up in the nursery for the last hour. I still call that a success with a toddler and a baby.
My favorite people ever!
My favorite people ever!Morgan and Cody had to make a couple trips to the potty so Pepper and I hung out in the nursery by ourselves listening to Pres. Monson.
She was being so cute and walking so much that I had to capture it on film. Enjoy:
The bushes outside church were so pretty that I tried to have a little photo shoot. Turns out not liking grass is a family trait for our children.




Oh well, I tried. At least we captured how beautiful it was outside!




Oh well, I tried. At least we captured how beautiful it was outside!Morgan insisted on pushing Pepper in the stroller. Good thing she's a team player.


These flowers make my soul happy!
Another attempted photo shoot...we need you Laura!


These flowers make my soul happy!
Another attempted photo shoot...we need you Laura!













7 comments:
How fun, and some good pics too!
I love the video of her walking and talking - she is getting the hang of it!
Love the pictures, it looks like you had lots of fun! I love the picture of Morgan leaning over on Pepper and Peppers way cute flip flop sandles
you always live in places with such fun kids stuff!!
ok, so your mom told me you'll be here the 20th, however I'm pretty sure that will be the day I fly out to Cali. Rocky's sister is getting married the 22nd and we'll more than likely be there till at least 27th-30th. How long will you be here for????
it'll also be the first time that Rocky's family, aside from 2 siblings, meets Ruthie for the first time.
Those pictures you took outside your church are great. Isn't spring the most wonderful time of year? Happy Easter to you.
Love all the pics! L.O.V.E. Pepper's Easter dress! Love you guys! Love your in-laws!
Such a cute Easter dress. The videos are cute too. I dressed the girls up for Easter, but next year I want matching dresses for them. I figured with Conference this year, it wasn't quite as exciting to show them off.
Post a Comment