Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Good Hair

Yipee! The day has finally arrived that I can do Pepper's hair and I am SO excited!
Pepper seems to be just as excited! Actually, she was really great and sat still for me and never tried to mess with it. Very encouraging. I also loved this picture because you can see her teeth.
I can't believe my baby is almost a year!

I found this onesie while we were going through Morgan's clothes and I thought I should put it on Pepper too. She may have never lived in Harlem but she was "made" there, tee hee.


This was a great shot of Pepper's interesting callics.
They are right next to each other on her crown and swirl off in oppossite directions.
I have a feeling she's going to hate these when she gets older...oh well, I guess she couldn't be completely perfect or it wouldn't be fair to the other little princesses:)

The weather has been so nice that the kids and I spend most afternoons going for a walk or having a picnic lunch outside.
I heart spring!

Morgan's version of blowing bubbles.
It's hard to tell what is drool and what is bubble solution.


Morgan has really honed his tricycle skills all by himself. Here he is showing off his riding skills:

My friend Becky came over the other afternoon with her kids to do a little bread baking together. Not that I am an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been playing with braiding and other decorative breads and thought I'd share my knowledge.
I thought Becky's challah turned out fantastic!

While I was taking pictures of the challah, Morgan asked me to take a picture of him.
I noticed two things, first, my son won't stop eating fruit for any reason, and secondly he needed a haircut!

Voila!

Morgan said he wanted his hair to be spikey like a rocker!

Call me crazy but I think this look really works for him!
Once again, Morgan is obsessed with watching the Barenaked Ladies dvd and listening to their music on our ipod speakers. The other morning Morgan went running to Cody and told him he wanted to watch, "The naked boys!" Cody was a little confused and concerned until he figured out what he actually wanted to watch. Now we've convinced Morgan to call them "naked ladies." At least it sounds a bit better, heehee.
Morgan has also really started listening to the lyrics and can sing along to most of the songs. However, sometimes his version of the lyrics can be a little interesting. In "Falling for the First Time" they have a line about "What if I lost my direction, what if lost sense of time, what if I nursed this infection, maybe the worst is behind?" Morgan's version sounds something like "What if I over my erection?" I keep reminding him the words are d-i-r-e-c-t-i-o-n and i-n-f-e-c-t-i-o-n but I'm a little afraid between "naked ladies" and "erections" people might be a little concerned about our parenting skills.
Here's a video of his lyrical skills:

6 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Time goes by so fast, I can't believe our babies are 1 already! I love Peppers hair, I used to get so excited when I could do that with naitlies hair when she was a baby, and I so hope this next girl has hair so I can do it again :) She is so cute and I love Morgans rocker hair too, awesome! Justin and Wade LOVE blowing bubbles (or me blowing them) its so cute to watch kids with bubbles. Ok, now with the bread posts, you know I LOVE bread, everytime I see these you make me hungry..and I am not a good bread baker, maybe oneday you will have to give me a lesson too!

the Smedley's said...

I just finished eating the rest of that bread tonight. It was delicious with some pepper jack cheese melted on top!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Keep doing her hair, so she will always let you do it...I regret that with Ansley! I really like Morgan as a rocker! Cute!

Jones said...

that video is AWESOME! Thatcher is so shy he would NEVER do anything like that.

what a little Rocker you have, he he

oh and when I saw Morgan's new haircut, I could just hear your mother ;)

I'm leaving for Cali the same day you leave for FL...but I'm going to try and get back by the 3rd so at least we can meet up for one day!!

Laura Perkins said...

I have to agree with you, that haircut does fit Morgan and I like it!

Jill and Kevin said...

So exciting about the hair. Jane didn't protest at first either, but hopefully Pepper will let you do her hair, or at least leave them in once you do it. Alice will ask me to put her hair in a ponytail every so often. Too fun. Morgan cracks me up. He makes a great rocker.