Sunday, July 5, 2015

Trip to Southern Utah

After the Pow Wow visit, we drove to Lehi and Aunt Katie's house. We spent the afternoon there playing with cousins and having dinner. I was too tired to take any good pictures but it was great to see everyone and see their new home.

After dinner, we drove south to Spanish Fork to spend the night with Mesha and Chamaine. Cody, Truly, and I slept at Mesha's and the three older kids camped out at Chamaine's house.
We arrived at Mesha's house about 8 pm and no one was ready for bed. We let everyone run around in Mesha's fun backyard while the adults caught up. 




Bed time for this one while Uncle Kelley kept all the other crazies entertained.











Watching the fireworks in Chamaine's nieghborhood.

"We rounded out our Independence Day celebrations with dinner with cousins in Lehi, then fireworks fun with 'cousins' in Salem. Clothing was optional at the end. It was a wonderful, exhausting day. I am so grateful for my country and our hard-earned freedoms. I'm also grateful for family and time spent together. Now, I'm going to sleep!"

Morgan looking dapper in Mitt's bow tie.
Sunday selfies.



Quick detour after church to see the new Payson temple in person. Breathtaking!













After a morning of church and playing at Auntie Chamaine's house for lunch, we got back in the van to travel a few hours to Grandma Adams' house. Miraculously, this little, hot, sweaty mess napped almost the entire trip! 

This was the busiest gas station on the planet but I remembered stopping here years ago so I suggested we go there to make a pit stop. It was really nice and really big, but the entire population of the southwest seemed to be traveling through it at the same time!
"Got to spend the morning with these lovely people and witness the magnitude of the new Payson Temple. Oh, how I wish this beautiful building had existed when I lived there, but I'm so glad it is there now!"
"My goodness, Chamaine, we make some beautiful children (and yours, too, Mesha!) It was so nice watching the kids play today. Can't wait to come back. (The betrothed couple was pretty darn cute as well!)" 

No comments: