Sunday, September 27, 2015

2015 Akron Marathon Kids Fun Run

On Friday, September 25th, the kids and I participated in the Akron Marathon Kids Fun Run. This was our 7th year being a part of the Fun Run. The race is usually held on Saturday morning during the actual marathon but this year they decided to try something new and held the Fun Run on Friday evening. Cody was out of town with his friends for the BYU/Michigan game, but I was determined not to miss the race. With the help of lots of friends the kids and I had a great time. I really enjoyed the new course and having it on Friday evening. There were a few glitches, that they will hopefully fix next year, but overall another great race!
"Hazel's Fun Run experience. Colored hair spray was a new perk this year. Hazel's expressions are the best. Hazel totally surprised me tonight and couldn't wait to jump out of the stroller and start running. She ran pretty much the entire race thanks to Amanda Taylor and her son, Camden. Great job, Hazel!"
I love this picture! Probably the only minute Truly stood still the entire evening.



Ellie and Lesli Smith. The Smiths were nice enough to let Morgan and Pepper run with them so they weren't stuck with the stroller crew in the back of the race.

Hazel with the University of Akron's mascot, Zippy. Hazel LOVES mascots!
My friend, Christie Urbanek leading the kids in some pre-race zumba.







The Taylors ready to start the race.

Hazel off and running.



Before the race, I picked up some pizza and breadsticks and stuck them under the double stroller. After the race, we found a table and enjoyed a yummy dinner. It worked great!



The kids had a great time running around with their friends and playing. I love this community!
Trying to take a group shot when everyone is tired and ready to go home leads to some interesting pictures.


"Baby girl taking in all the excitement and wonder of the Akron Marathon Kids Fun Run. Whole new race this year and lots of fun."
"My little runners. Thanks to many kind friends, we all had a great time and no one got lost. Pepper came in first for our group at 10:30. Morgan around 15 min, Hazel around 20, and Truly and I pulled up the rear around 26 min. There was a huge bottleneck leading up to the finish line and the stroller group ended up slowly waiting in a bunch to cross the finish line. Hopefully, they fix the issue for future years but still a fun new course. Good luck to all the runners tomorrow!"

No comments: