Friday, September 11, 2015

Blackberry Picking

With all our travels this summer we missed most of the fruit picking opportunities. So, I volunteered to host a Momsclub outing to go berry picking. We found a new place near Lodi, Ohio that was just fantastic. The owners said they were originally from Idaho and immediately knew they were LDS. Sure enough they were! Such a small world in the church!





Those curls.





Everyone found a tractor to play on.


I liked how the apples were stacked on top of each other. Don't know if I'd want to take the time but maybe one day I will.
"Blackberry picking with my little helpers this morning. I'm glad we finally fit in some berry picking before the season was over."
"Marion Kay Berry Farm in Lodi was fantastic! The owners were very sweet and went out of their way to help us and make it a great morning for the kids. Marion even made us two pies as a treat for the kids!!!! Will definitely go back next summer for all my berry picking needs."
"Truly was a big help today. She ate some berries, spit a lot out, ate off the ground, generally ran amok, and did her best to knock all our picked berries on the ground. Hazel on the other hand refused to eat any and was my strict quality control manager. Lots of help!"

No comments: