Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Eve Fun

Since Cody, Morgan and I were flying back to NYC on Christmas day, Christmas Eve was the big party day this year. We all got together, along with a few good friends and enjoyed a big delicious meal, a nativity courtesy of the Jester Family and fun presents.
Here we are all together and surprisingly most of us are actually smiling and looking at the camera...most of us.
From left to right: Kevin, Jane, Jill, Cody, Me, Morgan Jacob, Mikayla, Nathan, Kim, Ben, Mike, Joshua, Gramma and Papa Morgan is ready to watch Jacob as a shepherd and wise man from atop Uncle Kevin.


The big dinner. Thanks for the deviled eggs Sis. Snavely!


Morgan only lasted so long watching everyone else enjoy the big people food.



Mikayla with her hair actually done.


When my first nephew Nathan came along almost ten years ago, I decided I would be the Auntie who buys the kids books and pajamas every Christmas. This has become a fun tradition that the kids look forward to every year...at least they humor me and make me feel good.
Jacob and his missing tooth grin.

Even though Morgan is mine, he also got a book and new pajamas.


Ben enjoyed his present a corner at a time.

Kim and Mikayla looking festive.

Jill helped Jane tear into hers.

The crotch is a little saggy on Mikayla but Ben's looked nice and snug.

Joshua's sweet smile. He really liked his NYC pigeon book.

Kevin and Jane who seems to be pointing at Jill as if to say..."she's the one who got me into this mess!"

Kevin, Mike and Cody with the babies. Morgan really loves his new pj's and time with cousins and obviously can't wait for Santa!

Cody got me some new chap stick for Christmas. I didn't know it was tinted and just smeared it on. I would not have felt the need to share the end result of that confusion but Morgan looked so good in the picture...except for the fact he is a little orange. Can babies get jaundice at 1? Or should we cut out carrots from his diet?


3 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

That's a great tradition. Fun pictures. I think Morgan looks adorable in that picture. He has a nice glow and so do your lips. ;)

Jones said...

hee hee, nice kissable lips, did you give Kody a big kiss?! lol.

as for Morgan he's as cute as ever. No I don't believe they can get jaundice at 1, so if you're worries about an orange tine, then yes cut out some carrots.

oh and we started the new pajamas (on Christmas eve) this year too!! love it

Wanderingfamilies said...

Morgan doesn't look orange on my computer...great chapstick, Beth! I am also that auntie that gives pjs and a book...reading is important! ;-)