My big sister Kim had the brilliant idea that we should all go together as a family and carol to my Grandpa Goodier and his lady friend Inez in St. Augustine. We also got together as a family and bought him a digital picture frame and uploaded it with lots of fun family pictures for them to enjoy every day. Since he is 89 years old and has not jumped on to the digital/computer age it is hard to keep him updated with the many children my family produces.
Here is my mother and Morgan on the long trek to St. Augustine. It's really only a 2hr trip but we kept Gramma pretty busy most of the time so I'm sure she enjoyed the brief peace and quiet.
Back row: My dad, sister Jill, Cody, Morgan, bro-in-law MikeFront row: sister Kim, Grandpa, the picture frame and nephew Jacob

Here's is Jill's beautiful daughter Jane. She is the spitting image of Jill and my mom as little girls. It's downright spooky!

Here is Kim's youngest boy Ben (he's only 5 mos!) who often gets propped up somewhere while she handles the other four children. He's a trooper though and check out those Popeye arms!

Jane, Morgan and Ben trying to figure out why the grass is so spikey...the grass in Florida runs on vines along the surface of the soil. It's not super fun to play in.

Morgan is up to 7 teeth now. 3 came in while we were in Florida...yeah that was loads of fun!
After we visited with Grandpa and he headed off to his Bridge Club, we all headed to the beach for a picnic and walk...to wear out the kids for the trip home. The beaches in St. Augustine are beautiful and very flat. Where we parked you had to cross a long boardwalk to get to the beach itself. I loved the way it looked standing on one end and seeing the sky and water stretch out before me. The concept of eternity is easy to grasp from this perspective. Disclaimer: I am obsessed with taking pictures of people walking away from me, not sure why but there are a lot of them and I love every one!













5 comments:
nice pictures!! looks like a lot of fun. I was bummed we didn't get to really spend time together this trip!!
...oh and you may like taking pics of people from behind, but I personally don't like my 'behind' in pictures! LOL!
Cute teeth, Morgan! Looks like the beach was tons o' fun! Beautiful children - all tow heads! LOVE it!
I am Robert Goodier currently living in the US Virgin Islands. I am researching the goodier surname and am interested in your Grandpa Goodier. It is likely I have data of your Goodier line and would like to share as well as augment. If you are interested please contact me at bob@bobgoodier.com
Thank you,
Bob Goodier
I miss all of you..Auni
Ya'll have such a great time. Looking forward to seeing you in Hawaii.. Love, Aunti
Post a Comment