Monday, January 14, 2008

Girls Day Out

Last Saturday Minde, Ashley and I decided we needed a mom day off and that we also needed to go to Costco. So naturally we combined the two and headed off to New Jersey. After gathering the much needed supplies for our families and a heavenly lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, we headed back to Harlem to regroup. We dropped off the groceries with the boys and continued our day off on the Upper West Side. We popped into a nail salon on 72nd Street and pampered ourselves with pedicures, back massages and other much needed treatments.
Here's Minde enjoying a moment of relaxation.
It's amazing how pale a person can actually be!

Ashley was very excited as you can see.

After the pampering we saw the Bucket List with Morgan Freeman. We laughed and cried and enjoyed ourselves...except for sitting near the front and straining our necks which kind of negated the massages...what can you do?!
I had a fantastic Mom Day Off and am grateful for wonderful friends to share the day with and understanding husbands who entertained our little boys whilst we were away taking a much needed break.

4 comments:

The Lindsays said...

What a great idea...I need to plan a mom's day off too. Usually if I do that I just go to lunch, but massages, pedis and a movie sound SOOO much better!!!

Jones said...

that is SOOOO what I need! a mom day off!!

familia Bybaran said...

This sounds too fun. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves. I love Costco.

Ashley said...

That sounds amazing. I miss hanging out with you guys!