After the party on Saturday, all I wanted to do was sleep and do nothing for days but Easter was the next day so more had to be done. Once again, Cody came to my rescue and did the lion's share of everything, which seemed fitting since he had invited 3 families over for lunch after stake conference.
 |
| The Easter baskets filled and ready to be enjoyed the next morning. |
 |
| We made Pepper and Morgan wait to open their baskets till Hazel woke up about an hour or so later. They were pretty good sports about the whole thing. Pepper picked out the girls dresses and I really loved the bold color. |
 |
| What is up with this girl and not smiling like a normal person for a photo?! |
 |
| Morgan's outfit cracked me up. I couldn't convince him to buy some boat shoes or something that he didn't have to wear socks with. Then he insisted on wearing black socks because he was going to church. That combined with the plaid shorts he picked out for Easter and he reminded me a lot of my grandfather! |
We barely survived stake conference. That's about all I have to say about that. Except for at one point I had Hazel sitting on top of my belly, Pepper sitting on what is left of my lap and Morgan leaning on me. A whole row of singles were sitting opposite us and I noticed they were pointing and laughing. We left shortly thereafter. It was only about twenty minutes early, so I counted it as a success! Ugh!
 |
| When we got home I wanted some quick family photos before everyone changed and we got ready for our guests who weren't far behind. Hazel was kind of done with the whole day but Daddy came to the rescue and started being goofy behind me. |
 |
| Close enough! |
 |
| Is it sad that goofy pictures are starting to be our best pictures?! |
 |
| On the Easter menu, hot dogs, brats, lots of fruit and chips and leftover party desserts. Yep, we are fancy! |
 |
| We really lucked out with a beautiful day! |
 |
| After most everyone left, except the Maceys, Hazel finally woke up and joined us. She and Hugo are too cute together. |
 |
| Dying eggs and telling jokes. Good times. |
Here's a video of Hazel and Hugo hunting for eggs in the front yard:
 |
| With much restraint watching the girls hunt for eggs. |
Here's their video:
 |
| Morgan helped the dads hide the eggs for the other kids and then finally it was his turn. Hazel was trying to help him by stealing his eggs. |
 |
| Some of our eggs. Not our best work but at least we did it. |
 |
| Cody got all fancy with tape and had the coolest looking egg by far! |
I pretty much collapsed after everyone left and that was the first time this pregnancy my wedding ring was really tight and my ankles were swollen. It took me pretty much all the next week to recover from this amazingly fun and exhausting weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment