On Saturday, April 19th, we had Pepper's big "Frozen" birthday party. Pepper has been talking about this party for a very, very long time. Everyone she met was told all about her party and she tried to invite everyone she talked to. Luckily, I managed to keep it down to 9 girls and we all had a perfectly wonderful time. I was completely exhausted from the planning and execution of the party but it was totally worth it.
One of my big struggles with this party was finding things for it. EVERYTHING Frozen related is almost impossible to find. I don't know what Disney was thinking but someone did not plan ahead well. I finally came to the conclusion that most of the decorations and theme would just have to be snowflakes, which thankfully a few friends volunteered to make for me because my right hand/arm are constantly falling asleep and numb and ache (not my favorite side effect of this pregnancy, by far!) In the end, I managed to find a few things and no one seemed to mind.
 |
| One Frozen item I did score was this life size cardboard cutout of Anna and Elsa. I thought it would be fun to have the girls take a picture with Pepper in front of the princesses. It was a big success and I already have people asking to rent it for their parties. |
 |
| A shot of the dining room with its frosty makeover. For a craft and take home prize, I had the girls decorate picture frames that I had spray painted light blue. Then I printed out the pictures they took with Pepper for them to put in their frames. |
 |
| Thank goodness for Cody and his party planning skills, also. By the end I was fried but he helped me figure out all the details I couldn't quite figure out and always had easier solutions than I would have thought of. I'm so glad he's my teammate in life! |
 |
| To make it easier on myself I planned the party early enough as to avoid having to make an actual meal. |
 |
| Two sisters who came, Madi and Mia. Mia is in nursery with Hazel, so they were our honorary little princesses. |
 |
| I was worried Anna would get no love at the party, since everyone wants to be Elsa but in the end we had 4 Annas...and a spidergirl. |
 |
| Pepper and her friend, Katie Parason, from school. |
 |
| I couldn't figure out why Pepper kept making this weird face and not smiling like normal. Finally, at the end of the party I realized she was trying to make the same face as Elsa in the cutout. Too funny! |
 |
| Hazel photobombed a few pictures, including this one with Pepper's momsclub friend, Cadence. |
 |
| Church friend, Ashlyn Tolman with a Rapunzel dress her mom made. It was seriously awesome! |
 |
| Two Elsas, church and school friend, Kyliegh Sorenson. |
 |
| School friend, Brianna, who LOVES babies and Hazel. |
 |
| School friend, Adelle. |
 |
| Hazel requested a picture of herself and her Anna doll. |
 |
| Josette Ellebruch brought her two nieces, Madi and Mia to the party. She is also the nursery leader and one of Hazel's favorite people. So glad she was there to help out! |
 |
| Kyliegh and Avi decoratiing their picture frames. |
 |
| Taking a break with snacks and watching Frozen. I realized at this moment I could have just put on the movie, given them snacks and let them play in the playroom and they probably would have been totally happy! |
When the movie came to Elsa's "Let it Go" song, every girl stood up and started singing and dancing along. It was hysterical to watch and I'm so glad Cody got a video of it, while I was cleaning and setting things up in the other room. Too much fun!
 |
Lining up to play "Pin the Nose on Olaf."
Luckily, I scored the last poster of Olaf at ToysRUs the day before the party. My artistic skills are not that good! |
 |
| Pepper with her "sister" and best friend, Avi Macey. |
 |
| The next game I had planned was "Musical Princesses," to the Frozen music. I put little princess figurines on the floor in a circle. When the music stopped the girls had to sit and pick up a princess to stay in. It worked out great and no one got upset...thank goodness! |
 |
| Great shot of Pepper imitating Elsa with her friend Ava, who I thought was making a very nice Anna face as well. |
Video of everyone singing to Pepper:
I made blue raspberry cupcakes and Cody made blueberry/lemonade icees for the girls. The cupcakes were good but tasted a little like eating a melted jolly rancher. Just a bit on the super sweet side. Girls didn't seem to mind!
 |
| Present time! |
 |
| A few after party shots of the decorations. |
 |
| She wanted one last picture with the ladies before I made her get out of her borrowed dress. Despite her somber face, I thought she looked so beautiful at her party! |
 |
| Playing with her new goodies during quiet time. |
 |
| I LOVE the Ikea doll furniture from Ava Lloyd! |
 |
| The ladies taking a break in the kitchen. Pepper asked us to leave them up for a week. From my days working at Blockbuster, cardboard cutouts always creep me out a bit. Like someone is in my house watching me. |
 |
| A preview shot of the cupcakes and cookies before the party. |
 |
| While we had Frozen girly madness happening at our house, Morgan spent the day with his good friend, Sarah. They dyed Easter eggs and went to an egg hunt at a neighborhood lake. Morgan did not feel like he missed out at all that's for sure!!! |
 |
| Pepper showing off a twirly skirt I had a friend from momsclub make for her. It is a bit of struggle getting her to not wear it everywhere! |
No comments:
Post a Comment