Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rolling Ridge Ranch Playgroup

On Friday, May 2nd, I hosted an outing for my church playgroup at Rolling Ridge Farm. We had a great turnout and although it was a bit chilly, we had a fantastic time.
Saying hello to the wagon horses.
Mindy Stromburg's mother was in town visiting and helped me out a ton by basically taking care of Hazel the whole time we were there. Hazel happily sat on her lap the entire ride. 


Kortnie Haslam and her son Christian joined us on the trip. I love fun hats!

The feeding frenzy at the beginning can sometimes freak people out but everyone thought it was hysterical and all the boys were going crazy. 



Pepper came so close to hand feeding this dear until at the last second she totally dropped it on the ground right in front of its face. Well, at least she tried!


Between the animals trying to steal buckets and the big boys going crazy grabbing buckets, Pepper kept a very tight grip on her bucket!


Baby! And it was crazy how "wood-like" the longhorns horns felt.



Zedonks!



Hazel finally warming up to the idea of the animals and turning to feed them by throwing feed at their faces.
After the wagon ride, we headed over to the petting zoo area. Baby ducks!
Pepper wanted to hold one and I was a little worried because in the past she always freaks out and lets go at the last second.

But this time she proved she was up for the challenge. Don't worry, she's not squeezing THAT hard.


Now for bunny snuggles.
Seconds after Hazel gave the bunny a kiss on its back. 
Tiny baby goats!


While I was taking this picture I felt something tugging on my coat. I turned to find my rain coat in the mouth of one of the bigger goats. Luckily, I pulled it out before it broke through the fabric. Crazy goats!
It was nice to get out and do one last big outing but man o' man was I exhausted when we got home and totally crashed during nap time. But it was worth it for the baby goats!

No comments: